Friday 26 July 2013

Breathing new life into old business cards

Hi everyone,

I'm officially 'blonde' and don't know why my language bar is playing tricks on me. So that, simply out of laziness, I'm sticking to the English default.

Now, I am proud to write that I have rummaged and sorted through six drawers' worth of papers and other odd bits since my last post. I also managed to place about two pounds' (half a kilo, woo hoo!) worth of papers in my recycling bag.

Even better, I found inspiration on the web and came up with an organiser of my own creation. Necessary components:

1. Old, obsolete business cards (name surname, freelance language tutor, absolutely naive, bonkers design - ah, the days!)
2. One slim, fits-in-small-handbag business card holder (bought that from the local stationery store)

How to use:

1. Flip cards on blank side
2. Write down tasks for the desired time interval
3. Place in holder
4. Perform the tasks
5. Check when complete
6. Repeat steps 1-5 until you run out of old business cards, then recycle

Well ... I've only used my new organiser for half a day, but I find it very motivating. It helps focus on a single task at a time. I tend to want to multitask too much. This is the perfect cure. And, the greatest thing is, I did not need to use any neon colours or other such nonsense: just black ballpoint pen on white paper. Grrreat!

No comments:

Post a Comment